Professor, Department of Geography
Phone: (812) 856-4587Visit Professor Evans's homepage.
- 1998 Ph.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Geography) Dissertation: Integration of Community-Level Social and Environmental Data: Spatial Modeling of Community Boundaries in Northeast Thailand. Advisor: Steve Walsh.
- 1994-1998 Pre-Doctoral Trainee, Carolina Population Center, UNC-Chapel Hill.
- 1989 Virginia Polytechnic Institute: B.A. (Geography)
- 2008 Visiting Fellowship. Research Institute for Humanity and Nature (RIHN), Kyoto, Japan. May-August 2008.
- 2007 Visiting Fellowship. East-West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii. Februrary-April 2007.
- 2000 ASPRS/ERDAS Award for Best Scientific Paper in Remote Sensing. Walsh, S. J., Evans, T. P., Welsh, W. F., Entwisle, B., Rindfuss, R. R. (1999). Scale Dependent Relationships between Population and Environment in Northeastern Thailand. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing. Vol. 65, No. 1. pp. 97-105.
- 1997 First Place, Association of American Geographers, Geographic Information Systems Specialty Group, Student Paper Competition (Competition held at 1997 AAG meeting). Paper Title: Integration of Community Level Population and Environmental Data: Region Growing and Fuzzy Boundaries for the Delineation of Village Territories in Northeast Thailand.
- 2006-present Co-Director, Center for the Study of Institutions, Population and Environmental Change (CIPEC), Indiana University
- 2005-present Associate Professor, Department of Geography, Indiana University
- 2002–present Associate Director, Center for the Study of Institutions, Population and Environmental Change (CIPEC), Indiana University
- 1999-present Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Indiana University
- 1998-1999 Post-doctoral Fellow in GIS, Center for the Study of Institutions, Population, and Environmental Change (CIPEC), Indiana University.
Human-environment interactions; Human Dimensions of Global Change
Land use/land cover analysis and modeling
Decision-making, institutions and natural resource management
Geographic Information Systems