Graduate students obtaining a Ph.D. in an originating discipline may find that the discipline gives them the option of taking a minor in Cognitive Science.
To obtain such a minor, students must satisfy the following requirements:
- Obtain approval from the Cognitive Science Program by filling out this form and send it to our Graduate Secretary.
- Coursework - Complete the following:
- Q540 Philosophical Foundations of the Cognitive and Information Sciences (3 credits)
- One of the following:
- Q520 Mathematics and Logic for Cognitive Science
- Q530 Programming Methods in Cognitive Science (3 credits)
- Q560 Experimental Methods in Cognitive Science (3 credits)
- Q550 Models in Cognitive Science (3 credits, Q530 and Q560 are pre-requisites)
- Q551 The Brain and Cognition
- [Note: this requirement may not be waived.]
- At least two semesters of Q733 Colloquium Series
- At least 6 other credit hours in cross-listed Cognitive Science courses not in the originating discipline